SEARCH THIS BLOG
- 2018 Good Neighbours Award
- Past Event: Walk with Lori Snyder
- Chinatown Cultural Day
- Community Slow Walk
- Free Program for Permanent Residents, New Immigrants and Canadian Born Residents
- Join Us for a Gardeners Hangout Every Wednesday
- Visit Us On Earth Day!
- A Special Thanks to the Rotary Club
- Jenny Kwan Will Be Visiting Frog Hollow Neighborhood House
- Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Eva on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Kyra Dawson on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018 | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Our Girl Power Playlist Celebrating International Women’s Day
- nafiseha on Sprouting Beans!
- nafiseha on Apple Chips,Yum!
- nafiseha on DIY-Do it Yourself workshop at Clinton Park
- Eva on Gardening with Love
- nafiseha on Gardening with Love
- Linda Tsang on Museum of Anthropology
- Kyra Dawson on Museum of Anthropology
Join Us on Facebook!
Category Archives: Food and Garden
Lori Snyder is an indigenous and contemporary First Nations Metis Herbalist. She loves to teach people about the wonders of what is growing under their feet. Lori shares natural ways to make skincare products, sunscreen, infused honeys, green drinks, vinegar … Continue reading
Happy New Year 2018! Come join us in this great program starting this Monday, January 29th! FoodFit is a 12-week program for low-income community members who experience barriers around healthy eating and physical activity but who are motivated to make … Continue reading
September is here and the kids are back to school. If you have been scrambling to get ready for school, you’re not the only one. I am happy to share the past Small Grants event that was hosted by the … Continue reading
Yes! We grew that! It started with a seed in a miniature green house back at the neighbourhood house in the month of May. Transplanted in the month of June, and waved our magic wand for a little universal love. … Continue reading
We delivered a workshop at Clinton Park and shared How to make apple chips! Actually, just about any other fruit veggie or herb can be preserved in the dehydrator. It’s quite remarkable. We had samples of all types of produce … Continue reading
Little blessed hands at work. Children labelled their bean, each give their bean a little water from time to time. And as you can see it only took a week to grow!!
Last Thursday we had 12 youth engaged at transplanting kale seedlings, lettuce, and harvest kale seed pods. The seeds from the pods were planted directly in the soil- it was an amazing experience for them for they never saw just … Continue reading
Children gathered at the gardeners hangout to plant some beans that had been soaking over night. Its not really the right time of year to plant beans but with our crazy weather and weird start of seasons we thought we … Continue reading
It was week 2 of 12 of the FoodFit Program – another amazing session. It’s so nice to come back to get together again with all the participants. Cooking meals together is always the fun part. After meal preparation, we … Continue reading