SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Aboriginal Day in the Family Drop In
- Story Gathering Sessions
- 2018 Good Neighbours Award
- Past Event: Walk with Lori Snyder
- Chinatown Cultural Day
- Community Slow Walk
- Free Program for Permanent Residents, New Immigrants and Canadian Born Residents
- Join Us for a Gardeners Hangout Every Wednesday
- Visit Us On Earth Day!
- A Special Thanks to the Rotary Club
- Eva on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Kyra Dawson on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018 | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Our Girl Power Playlist Celebrating International Women’s Day
- nafiseha on Sprouting Beans!
- nafiseha on Apple Chips,Yum!
- nafiseha on DIY-Do it Yourself workshop at Clinton Park
- Eva on Gardening with Love
- nafiseha on Gardening with Love
- Linda Tsang on Museum of Anthropology
- Kyra Dawson on Museum of Anthropology
Join Us on Facebook!
Tag Archives: garden
Lori Snyder is an indigenous and contemporary First Nations Metis Herbalist. She loves to teach people about the wonders of what is growing under their feet. Lori shares natural ways to make skincare products, sunscreen, infused honeys, green drinks, vinegar … Continue reading
Yes! We grew that! It started with a seed in a miniature green house back at the neighbourhood house in the month of May. Transplanted in the month of June, and waved our magic wand for a little universal love. … Continue reading
We delivered a workshop at Clinton Park and shared How to make apple chips! Actually, just about any other fruit veggie or herb can be preserved in the dehydrator. It’s quite remarkable. We had samples of all types of produce … Continue reading
Last Thursday we had 12 youth engaged at transplanting kale seedlings, lettuce, and harvest kale seed pods. The seeds from the pods were planted directly in the soil- it was an amazing experience for them for they never saw just … Continue reading
Here are a few of my favorite happy moments:)
Hello Neighbours! Last Wednesday at Clinton Park….. We thinned out the Strawberry and Calendula in our garden bed, and we found some beautiful ripe strawberries hiding around the Calendula! And some more strawberries are going to be ready to eat for next week!! … Continue reading
Thank you Ayaka for this Blog comment and all your wonderful help! Hello our neighbours! Last Wednesday at Clinton Park, we got a lot of sea soil to put our garden! Thank you Figaros Garden for the discount! We filled up … Continue reading
A Post from our Garden volunteer Ayaka, thank you Ayaka for leading the garden program. Hello Our neighbours!! It’s time to plant healthy vegetable and delicious smelly herbs for your kitchen!!! You don’t know how to plant? Don’t worry!!! We … Continue reading
Todays work party at Clinton Park, many plans were made as we sifted out some old plants and made room for more. Today we planted more of the EYA seedlings and left room for future tomatoes, corn and cucumber. After … Continue reading