SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Frogs in the Park
- Collective Art Fun at Clinton Park
- Sunrise Summer Kick Off
- Aboriginal Day in the Family Drop In
- Story Gathering Sessions
- 2018 Good Neighbours Award
- Past Event: Walk with Lori Snyder
- Chinatown Cultural Day
- Community Slow Walk
- Free Program for Permanent Residents, New Immigrants and Canadian Born Residents
- Eva on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Kyra Dawson on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018 | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Our Girl Power Playlist Celebrating International Women’s Day
- nafiseha on Sprouting Beans!
- nafiseha on Apple Chips,Yum!
- nafiseha on DIY-Do it Yourself workshop at Clinton Park
- Eva on Gardening with Love
- nafiseha on Gardening with Love
- Linda Tsang on Museum of Anthropology
- Kyra Dawson on Museum of Anthropology
Join Us on Facebook!
Tag Archives: edible flowers
Yes! We grew that! It started with a seed in a miniature green house back at the neighbourhood house in the month of May. Transplanted in the month of June, and waved our magic wand for a little universal love. … Continue reading
Hello Neighbours! Last Wednesday at Clinton Park….. We thinned out the Strawberry and Calendula in our garden bed, and we found some beautiful ripe strawberries hiding around the Calendula! And some more strawberries are going to be ready to eat for next week!! … Continue reading
During the summer, I have been lucky enough to participate in Frogs In the Park with Family Programs from Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House. It gets very busy at Clinton Park Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays through July and August, with program and community families coming … Continue reading
All this wet overcast weather and the Aphids are having a feast on our Edible Flower Garden :(. Let the sun shine! You can see the aphids on the stems of the borage flowers. Spent an hour squishing and cleaning … Continue reading
Used the flowers from our edible flower garden in a salad, looked beautiful and tasted great. Had it with a rose flavored vinaigrette. Consensus was…yummy!
Who knew Borage grew to 4 feet…not me 🙂 and those nasturtiums…wow…taking over…but boy are they tasty, yummy in a salad as are the borage and calendula flowers. Lemon Balm, elecampane, yarrow, apple mint, valerian is in there too. Transplanted … Continue reading
Holy nasturtiums, they are growing really well and taking over. Pansies are hanging in there though and showing off their beautiful colour The borage in the middle has grown about 6 inches from last week and lots more flowers ready … Continue reading
Wow what a difference a week makes at this time of year. Compare to last week the nasturtiums have almost doubled in size Lots of flowers on the strawberry plants . The calendula ( light green plant in the center) … Continue reading
The strawberries have really taken off again. Lots of flowers on them, hoping for lots of good strawberries this year. The Pansies, Nasturtiums, Calendula and Borage in the Edible flowers are doing well. I am sure they are going to … Continue reading