SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Today is Pink Shirt Day | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on 5 Quotes of Compassion Inspired by Remembrance Day
- A Very 2020 Happy Valentine’s Day! | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on What Does Happiness Mean To You?
- A Very 2020 Happy Valentine’s Day! | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Vancouver Heart-Mind Index Initiative Celebration
- Seeking Community Support for Our 2019 Holiday Hamper Program | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Support For Our Holiday Hamper Program
- Lee Turner on Digital Storytelling: “I Love Singing” by May
Tag Archives: seniors
Lemon balm and peppermint, just a few twigs of each is all you need. Add the herbs to a tea pot and pour boiled hot water in it and let it seep for ten minutes. A wonderful relaxing herbal tea … Continue reading
Yesterday we have a walk to Clinton Park to visit the field house there as the renovation was done. It is ready for us to see how we can use the place with a few furniture and some more preparation. … Continue reading
90 Seniors shared their delicious food at our annual seniors potluck. Thank you volunteers for preparing food from our food rescue project and creating such a beautiful addition to the potluck! Best of all was Manda’s Turkeys donated to … Continue reading
Introducing two more incredible local entrepreneurs. Wheelhouse Seafood is owned by Catherine and Trevor Yamamoto who have been selling sustainable, locally caught sea-food, long before the sustainability movement came into popularity. Zainab is the owner of Miscellany Thrift and Vintage. … Continue reading
Hello everyone! I’d like you to meet two local medical professionals in your community. Dr. Yu is a highly-talented acupuncturist and Chinese medicine doctor who specializes in hair loss treatments. Dr. Lieblich, who has practiced dentistry in the Hastings-Sunrise neighbourhood … Continue reading
On Thursday, October 5th Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House had the opportunity to sit in on a round table with a group of people at Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House and listen to them tell their stories. One of the ladies in … Continue reading
More stories from our friendly neighbours at Tamam Palestinian Restaurant and BK Market on Hastings Street. We were thrilled to get to know these amazing locally-minded business owners. Stay tuned for more stories! Funded by the Hastings Legacy Fund.
Through our Generating Connections Project, youth and senior volunteers conducted interviews with businesses in the Hastings-Sunrise area. The East Café and Di Oliva were kind enough to participate in our project. Below are their stories. Stay tuned for more interviews! … Continue reading