SEARCH THIS BLOG
- 2018 Neighbourhood Small Grants is open!
- RENFREW RHYTHMS Acoustic Open Stage February 2018
- RENFREW RHYTHMS Acoustic Open Stage
- FoodFit 12-Week Program Starting January 29, 2018
- Celebrating National Child’s Day
- Community Walk
- Wheelhouse Seafood & Miscellany Thrift & Vintage Interviews
- Kitchen Table Conversation (KTC) Facilitators Celebration RECAP
- Kid Food Nation Recipe Winner from Vancouver
- The 17th Annual Pumpkin Patch
- nafiseha on Sprouting Beans!
- nafiseha on Apple Chips,Yum!
- nafiseha on DIY-Do it Yourself workshop at Clinton Park
- Eva on Gardening with Love
- nafiseha on Gardening with Love
- Linda Tsang on Museum of Anthropology
- Kyra Dawson on Museum of Anthropology
- Kyra Dawson on Volunteer inspiration
- nafiseh amiri on FoodFit Program Week 2 of 12 Recap + A Recipe
- Kyra Dawson on Good Neighbours Awards Banquet 2017
Join Us on Facebook!
Tag Archives: seniors
Introducing two more incredible local entrepreneurs. Wheelhouse Seafood is owned by Catherine and Trevor Yamamoto who have been selling sustainable, locally caught sea-food, long before the sustainability movement came into popularity. Zainab is the owner of Miscellany Thrift and Vintage. … Continue reading
Hello everyone! I’d like you to meet two local medical professionals in your community. Dr. Yu is a highly-talented acupuncturist and Chinese medicine doctor who specializes in hair loss treatments. Dr. Lieblich, who has practiced dentistry in the Hastings-Sunrise neighbourhood … Continue reading
On Thursday, October 5th Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House had the opportunity to sit in on a round table with a group of people at Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House and listen to them tell their stories. One of the ladies in … Continue reading
More stories from our friendly neighbours at Tamam Palestinian Restaurant and BK Market on Hastings Street. We were thrilled to get to know these amazing locally-minded business owners. Stay tuned for more stories! Funded by the Hastings Legacy Fund.
Through our Generating Connections Project, youth and senior volunteers conducted interviews with businesses in the Hastings-Sunrise area. The East Café and Di Oliva were kind enough to participate in our project. Below are their stories. Stay tuned for more interviews! … Continue reading
The seniors had fun trying out the new toy. One of them said it was easy walking with their arms and legs at the same time. So what is a Nordic Pole? It’s like walking sticks that helps you to … Continue reading
Last Thursday we had 12 youth engaged at transplanting kale seedlings, lettuce, and harvest kale seed pods. The seeds from the pods were planted directly in the soil- it was an amazing experience for them for they never saw just … Continue reading
Welcome back everyone! And Happy New Year! Just before the holidays, Frog Hollow and the volunteers had organized a Seniors Christmas Potluck. Each participant brought in a dish to share. There were quite a variety of food and all were … Continue reading