SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Pumpkin Patches Festival
- All in the Family – written by Marcia Toms
- It was 54 years ago, but seems like yesterday – written by Marcia Toms
- ‘The King’ comes to Hastings-Sunrise – written by Marcia Toms
- Sabatino’s Story written by Marcia Toms
- Harvest Festival
- Nature Walk Workshop
- Frogs in the Park
- Collective Art Fun at Clinton Park
- Sunrise Summer Kick Off
- Eva on Nature Walk Workshop
- Eva on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Kyra Dawson on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018 | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Our Girl Power Playlist Celebrating International Women’s Day
- nafiseha on Sprouting Beans!
- nafiseha on Apple Chips,Yum!
- nafiseha on DIY-Do it Yourself workshop at Clinton Park
- Eva on Gardening with Love
- nafiseha on Gardening with Love
- Linda Tsang on Museum of Anthropology
Join Us on Facebook!
Tag Archives: Food Security
We were at Clinton park every Tuesday! What do we have here? Check this out, Veggies provided by Spark BC. Seeds give away, did you know you can plant in august, come down and get your seeds! I have kale, … Continue reading
Yes! We grew that! It started with a seed in a miniature green house back at the neighbourhood house in the month of May. Transplanted in the month of June, and waved our magic wand for a little universal love. … Continue reading
We delivered a workshop at Clinton Park and shared How to make apple chips! Actually, just about any other fruit veggie or herb can be preserved in the dehydrator. It’s quite remarkable. We had samples of all types of produce … Continue reading
A super group of participants eager to get ready to Learn! Apples peeled and chopped A snapshot of the essential ingredients for canning. Thanks for reading. 🙂
Watch this Local Food Security Urgency video.
True gardeners…new snow on the mountains, 4 degrees out, cold but dedicated garden members out to get ready and plant the garden…Thanks Everyone! Apparently there is a technique to digging. Matthew from … Continue reading
Does this plant look familiar? It grows pretty prolific in the spring here. It is called Chickweed (Stellaria media). Before you dig it out did you know that this is a tasty and good food source as well as a … Continue reading
The borage seeds we planted a few weeks ago are starting to poke their heads up through the soil now. Now that it is warming up the rest should be following soon…keeping our … Continue reading
A new food bank located at 2nd and Renfrew Street at the First Baptist Church. Times: every Friday morning from 8am to 9 am. Bring ID for each member of the family.