SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Story Gathering Sessions
- 2018 Good Neighbours Award
- Past Event: Walk with Lori Snyder
- Chinatown Cultural Day
- Community Slow Walk
- Free Program for Permanent Residents, New Immigrants and Canadian Born Residents
- Join Us for a Gardeners Hangout Every Wednesday
- Visit Us On Earth Day!
- A Special Thanks to the Rotary Club
- Jenny Kwan Will Be Visiting Frog Hollow Neighborhood House
- Eva on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Kyra Dawson on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018 | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Our Girl Power Playlist Celebrating International Women’s Day
- nafiseha on Sprouting Beans!
- nafiseha on Apple Chips,Yum!
- nafiseha on DIY-Do it Yourself workshop at Clinton Park
- Eva on Gardening with Love
- nafiseha on Gardening with Love
- Linda Tsang on Museum of Anthropology
- Kyra Dawson on Museum of Anthropology
Join Us on Facebook!
Tag Archives: food
Lori Snyder is an indigenous and contemporary First Nations Metis Herbalist. She loves to teach people about the wonders of what is growing under their feet. Lori shares natural ways to make skincare products, sunscreen, infused honeys, green drinks, vinegar … Continue reading
Happy New Year 2018! Come join us in this great program starting this Monday, January 29th! FoodFit is a 12-week program for low-income community members who experience barriers around healthy eating and physical activity but who are motivated to make … Continue reading
Previously, we had a couple of group meetings for the Kitchen Table Conversation facilitator training workshop where participants were educated on how we would approach our neighbours and collect community stories around our neighbourhood. Questions that were asked in part … Continue reading
Originally posted on Jen’s Blog of Random Thoughts Congratulations to our very own Frog Hollow member, 9-years-old Brandon Yuen, who had won the grand prize for the Kid Food Nation Recipe Contest. He was one of the 26 chosen contestants … Continue reading
Another year has come and soon it will be October and kids will be thinking about Halloween and pumpkins. Frog Hollow will be hosting their 17th annual Pumpkin Patch in the City on Saturday, October 21st, 2017. Free Admission with … Continue reading
Through our Generating Connections Project, youth and senior volunteers conducted interviews with businesses in the Hastings-Sunrise area. The East Café and Di Oliva were kind enough to participate in our project. Below are their stories. Stay tuned for more interviews! … Continue reading
Yes! We grew that! It started with a seed in a miniature green house back at the neighbourhood house in the month of May. Transplanted in the month of June, and waved our magic wand for a little universal love. … Continue reading
We delivered a workshop at Clinton Park and shared How to make apple chips! Actually, just about any other fruit veggie or herb can be preserved in the dehydrator. It’s quite remarkable. We had samples of all types of produce … Continue reading
It was week 2 of 12 of the FoodFit Program – another amazing session. It’s so nice to come back to get together again with all the participants. Cooking meals together is always the fun part. After meal preparation, we … Continue reading