SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Aboriginal Day in the Family Drop In
- Story Gathering Sessions
- 2018 Good Neighbours Award
- Past Event: Walk with Lori Snyder
- Chinatown Cultural Day
- Community Slow Walk
- Free Program for Permanent Residents, New Immigrants and Canadian Born Residents
- Join Us for a Gardeners Hangout Every Wednesday
- Visit Us On Earth Day!
- A Special Thanks to the Rotary Club
- Eva on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Kyra Dawson on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018 | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Our Girl Power Playlist Celebrating International Women’s Day
- nafiseha on Sprouting Beans!
- nafiseha on Apple Chips,Yum!
- nafiseha on DIY-Do it Yourself workshop at Clinton Park
- Eva on Gardening with Love
- nafiseha on Gardening with Love
- Linda Tsang on Museum of Anthropology
- Kyra Dawson on Museum of Anthropology
Join Us on Facebook!
Tag Archives: Kale
Children gathered at the gardeners hangout to plant some beans that had been soaking over night. Its not really the right time of year to plant beans but with our crazy weather and weird start of seasons we thought we … Continue reading
International Women’s Day is celebrated every year on March 8th. It is the celebration on the movement for women’s rights. Last night, we celebrated with several women just hanging out and having fun; talking to each other and listening to … Continue reading
A Post from our Garden volunteer Ayaka, thank you Ayaka for leading the garden program. Hello Our neighbours!! It’s time to plant healthy vegetable and delicious smelly herbs for your kitchen!!! You don’t know how to plant? Don’t worry!!! We … Continue reading
On Thursday we had lots of little helping hands putting in seedlings for our winter garden. Eva Aboud, from Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House and one of the leaders for Frogs in the Park- a program run by Frog Hollow, showed … Continue reading
This little tomato is one that self seeded from last year and seems to be hardier than a few of the ones that we bought. Even though it was later coming up it seems to be catching up to the … Continue reading
Getting ready to plant the second round of okra seedlings. The first ones died 😦 Two little Okra seedlings. Grow little buddies, grow! Something is eating our cabbage! There won’t be anything left in a week at … Continue reading
Holy nasturtiums, they are growing really well and taking over. Pansies are hanging in there though and showing off their beautiful colour The borage in the middle has grown about 6 inches from last week and lots more flowers ready … Continue reading
Our winter vegetables, gai lan and kale are loving the spring weather