Wednesday March 8 was the last of the six sessions on Caregiver Support Group hosted by Frog Hollow. With the support from Renfrew Care Centre, the event was able to hosted at the location. This is part of the CAI (Community Action Initiative Project) as a support group for the caregivers of the family,relatives and friends provided very useful education and training on how to deal with stress and self care for caregivers. Also useful information on maintaining a healthy lifestyles (nutrition and exercise) so as to maintain good mental health. There are also useful resource, support and services in the community. I am interested to learn more about dementia/Alzheimer’s disease. Thankful to the caregivers willing to share their experience. The last session was a Potluck evening, not just to share delicious food together we also shared feelings, thoughts and advice with one another. We have fun on the reusable bag by doing some drawings and colouring on it. We enjoyed the ten minutes ‘chair’ yoga with Gloria at the end of the sessions too. Thank you to all the participants.
SEARCH THIS BLOG
Join Us on Facebook!
- Kyra Dawson on Good Neighbours Awards Banquet 2017
- Kyra Dawson on Community Walk
- Jennie Yuen on Good Neighbours Awards Banquet 2017
- Rasha on FoodFit Program Week 2 of 12 Recap + A Recipe
- Day of Pink | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on 5 Quotes of Compassion Inspired by Remembrance Day
- Day of Pink | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Heart-Mind Well-Being Night at Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House
- Kyra on About our community walk
- The Wonderful Things We Love About Spring | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Peace Starts With Me: Heart-Mind Celebration
- The Wonderful Things We Love About Spring | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Our Lovely Gardens
- The Wonderful Things We Love About Spring | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Lets Get this Garden Started!