SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Pumpkin Patches Festival
- All in the Family – written by Marcia Toms
- It was 54 years ago, but seems like yesterday – written by Marcia Toms
- ‘The King’ comes to Hastings-Sunrise – written by Marcia Toms
- Sabatino’s Story written by Marcia Toms
- Harvest Festival
- Nature Walk Workshop
- Frogs in the Park
- Collective Art Fun at Clinton Park
- Sunrise Summer Kick Off
- Eva on Nature Walk Workshop
- Eva on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Kyra Dawson on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018 | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Our Girl Power Playlist Celebrating International Women’s Day
- nafiseha on Sprouting Beans!
- nafiseha on Apple Chips,Yum!
- nafiseha on DIY-Do it Yourself workshop at Clinton Park
- Eva on Gardening with Love
- nafiseha on Gardening with Love
- Linda Tsang on Museum of Anthropology
Join Us on Facebook!
Category Archives: Informational
Last Saturday October 20 we have a great time on the day here are some photos to share. The above are pictures from the Art Harvest. Here are other activities happening on the day.
In 1964, Carmelo and Ella Renzullo established Renzullo Food Market on Nanaimo Street, adjacent to Kitchener. They also set up housekeeping in a home on Nanaimo, directly across from their store. Aptly named “Casa Renzullo,” it is reminiscent of their … Continue reading
On August 22nd, 1964, Empire Stadium succumbed to the first volley of the British Invasion of North America: the Beatles performed at Empire Stadium. It was seven years after the Elvis Edition of Rock ‘n Roll mayhem, and, it seemed, … Continue reading
There is a long history of live jazz and blues in Vancouver, where, even before World War One, artists jammed into Chinatown’s commercial district. They played at small clubs and pubs, including The Patricia which still hosts live music. When … Continue reading
When Sabatino arrived in Vancouver as a very young boy, his family moved to East Van and never left. The post – World War Two years were times of high immigration, mostly from Europe, and of initial hardship for many … Continue reading
If you have missed the event I would like to share some happy moments with you.
Come join us on a Nature Walk with Lori Snyder and learn about our local Indeigenous plans right in your neighbourhood! Rain or shine! See flyer below. Contact Eva for more info.
We were at Clinton park every Tuesday! What do we have here? Check this out, Veggies provided by Spark BC. Seeds give away, did you know you can plant in august, come down and get your seeds! I have kale, … Continue reading
Exploring Stories of the Hastings-Sunrise Area Be a part of this collective social art project by sharing your stories and memories of the Hastings-Sunrise area. We will discuss pre and post settlement history, changes in the neighbourhood and its impacts … Continue reading