Previously, we had a couple of group meetings for the Kitchen Table Conversation facilitator training workshop where participants were educated on how we would approach our neighbours and collect community stories around our neighbourhood.
Questions that were asked in part of the training session:
1. Think of a time and place when you or someone you know have felt most alive and engaged. What supported that?
2. Think of a time and place where you or someone you know felt despair. What helped you or them get through it?
After collecting some interesting stories, we had a celebration to thank those who participated in the session and shared their stories for the “Engaging Abundant Community” project. Celebration was held on October 13, 2017 at Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House. The celebration event activities included Seniors show & tell, dancing, and stories to tell of our life experiences.
Click here to see the full gallery –> Photos by Jennie Yuen
Some wellness tips that participants shared:
– stay connected; join social groups
– stay active
– find support
– educate yourself – lifelong learning
– give back (volunteer; share your story)
– share a meal
– have faith in yourself and whatever supports you
Finally, we got to eat some good food specially prepped by the kitchen volunteers.