It was week 2 of 12 of the FoodFit Program – another amazing session. It’s so nice to come back to get together again with all the participants. Cooking meals together is always the fun part. After meal preparation, we did some exercises while the food was baking in the oven.
Since it was raining outside, we didn’t walk, but we did some stretching indoors on yoga mats. We should be doing stretches on a daily basis to gain some flexibility in our muscles.
After our exercise, the food was ready to come out of the oven. We made Yogurt Baked Chicken, Roasted Vegetables, Fruit Salad and Simple Spinach Salad.
Here is the Yogurt Baked Chicken recipe that I have permission to share. Enjoy!
1 to 1-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
1-1/2 tsp paprika
1-1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp lemon juice
2 cups plain yogurt
2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
4 tbsp onion finely chopped
1. Place chicken breasts in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, combine all the other ingredients.
3. Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts, turning them over with your hands to coat well.
4. Cover and chill 30 minutes, if time allows.
5. Preheat the oven to 350F.
6. Spread chicken in a single layer over a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.