Wednesday March 8 was the last of the six sessions on Caregiver Support Group hosted by Frog Hollow. With the support from Renfrew Care Centre, the event was able to hosted at the location. This is part of the CAI (Community Action Initiative Project) as a support group for the caregivers of the family,relatives and friends provided very useful education and training on how to deal with stress and self care for caregivers. Also useful information on maintaining a healthy lifestyles (nutrition and exercise) so as to maintain good mental health. There are also useful resource, support and services in the community. I am interested to learn more about dementia/Alzheimer’s disease. Thankful to the caregivers willing to share their experience. The last session was a Potluck evening, not just to share delicious food together we also shared feelings, thoughts and advice with one another. We have fun on the reusable bag by doing some drawings and colouring on it. We enjoyed the ten minutes ‘chair’ yoga with Gloria at the end of the sessions too. Thank you to all the participants.
SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Today is Pink Shirt Day | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on 5 Quotes of Compassion Inspired by Remembrance Day
- A Very 2020 Happy Valentine’s Day! | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on What Does Happiness Mean To You?
- A Very 2020 Happy Valentine’s Day! | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Vancouver Heart-Mind Index Initiative Celebration
- Seeking Community Support for Our 2019 Holiday Hamper Program | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Support For Our Holiday Hamper Program
- Lee Turner on Digital Storytelling: “I Love Singing” by May