Wednesday March 8 was the last of the six sessions on Caregiver Support Group hosted by Frog Hollow. With the support from Renfrew Care Centre, the event was able to hosted at the location. This is part of the CAI (Community Action Initiative Project) as a support group for the caregivers of the family,relatives and friends provided very useful education and training on how to deal with stress and self care for caregivers. Also useful information on maintaining a healthy lifestyles (nutrition and exercise) so as to maintain good mental health. There are also useful resource, support and services in the community. I am interested to learn more about dementia/Alzheimer’s disease. Thankful to the caregivers willing to share their experience. The last session was a Potluck evening, not just to share delicious food together we also shared feelings, thoughts and advice with one another. We have fun on the reusable bag by doing some drawings and colouring on it. We enjoyed the ten minutes ‘chair’ yoga with Gloria at the end of the sessions too. Thank you to all the participants.
SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Aboriginal Day in the Family Drop In
- Story Gathering Sessions
- 2018 Good Neighbours Award
- Past Event: Walk with Lori Snyder
- Chinatown Cultural Day
- Community Slow Walk
- Free Program for Permanent Residents, New Immigrants and Canadian Born Residents
- Join Us for a Gardeners Hangout Every Wednesday
- Visit Us On Earth Day!
- A Special Thanks to the Rotary Club
- Eva on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Kyra Dawson on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018 | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Our Girl Power Playlist Celebrating International Women’s Day
- nafiseha on Sprouting Beans!
- nafiseha on Apple Chips,Yum!
- nafiseha on DIY-Do it Yourself workshop at Clinton Park
- Eva on Gardening with Love
- nafiseha on Gardening with Love
- Linda Tsang on Museum of Anthropology
- Kyra Dawson on Museum of Anthropology
Join Us on Facebook!