Yesterday afternoon we have an opportunity to visit two places in East Hastings. (One is a dental office and the other one is a coffee shop.) Dr. Gartner is a specialist in paediatric dentistry and with a great deal of personality indeed. She explained in depth of how she sees the need of dental care for children and not finding one in East Vancouver. So she sets up her own dental office going through a long process. She has taken the time to tour the office with us. It has a very comfort atmosphere. I can see her love and care for children and those with special needs too. Though she is Canadian born her parents are from Germany. The second place that we have visited is a coffee shop. They started their business in 2003. They loved the location because it is close to anywhere and there are no coffee shop in the area before them. Dr. Gardner and the coffee shop owners both have two daughters. Another similarity is they both have therapy dog. Children love dog in the dental office for comfort and customers in the coffee shop love to take the dog out for a walk as a relaxing exercise. I love to hear stories and cherish my friendly neighbourhood.
SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Community Wellness Forum
- 2018 Neighbourhood Small Grants is open!
- RENFREW RHYTHMS Acoustic Open Stage February 2018
- RENFREW RHYTHMS Acoustic Open Stage
- FoodFit 12-Week Program Starting January 29, 2018
- Celebrating National Child’s Day
- Community Walk
- Wheelhouse Seafood & Miscellany Thrift & Vintage Interviews
- Kitchen Table Conversation (KTC) Facilitators Celebration RECAP
- Eva on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Kyra Dawson on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018 | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Our Girl Power Playlist Celebrating International Women’s Day
- nafiseha on Sprouting Beans!
- nafiseha on Apple Chips,Yum!
- nafiseha on DIY-Do it Yourself workshop at Clinton Park
- Eva on Gardening with Love
- nafiseha on Gardening with Love
- Linda Tsang on Museum of Anthropology
- Kyra Dawson on Museum of Anthropology
Join Us on Facebook!