Last night Rosa briefly explained why the staffs and volunteers of Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House were here at Renfrew Care Centre and told the caregivers there about the project Frog Hollow was working at. Then we served dinner so as to have a warm and relax atmospheric to start with conversation. It was a feeling of love while talking and listening to them. Most caregivers had the seniors attending at home before placing them at the care centre. They talked about the 24/7 care of the seniors at home and the worries about their seniors day and night, the sleepless night they had. By placing their seniors at the centre, they felt less stress and worry because they know their seniors were taking care by the well trained staffs at the centre. They will still come to dinners with their seniors and look after them any time. In this way they have more free time. Most of them said they would come four or five time during the week. I have heard from two caregivers said they took half an hour drive. They were happy that Frog Hollow hold this event so they have a chance to talk and share feeling among caregivers and glad that someone will listen to them. After the debriefing everyone was happy to learn how to make a terrarium and we all have one to take home. There were three lucky winners won the prize draw.
SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Today is Pink Shirt Day | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on 5 Quotes of Compassion Inspired by Remembrance Day
- A Very 2020 Happy Valentine’s Day! | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on What Does Happiness Mean To You?
- A Very 2020 Happy Valentine’s Day! | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Vancouver Heart-Mind Index Initiative Celebration
- Seeking Community Support for Our 2019 Holiday Hamper Program | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Support For Our Holiday Hamper Program
- Lee Turner on Digital Storytelling: “I Love Singing” by May