Last night Rosa briefly explained why the staffs and volunteers of Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House were here at Renfrew Care Centre and told the caregivers there about the project Frog Hollow was working at. Then we served dinner so as to have a warm and relax atmospheric to start with conversation. It was a feeling of love while talking and listening to them. Most caregivers had the seniors attending at home before placing them at the care centre. They talked about the 24/7 care of the seniors at home and the worries about their seniors day and night, the sleepless night they had. By placing their seniors at the centre, they felt less stress and worry because they know their seniors were taking care by the well trained staffs at the centre. They will still come to dinners with their seniors and look after them any time. In this way they have more free time. Most of them said they would come four or five time during the week. I have heard from two caregivers said they took half an hour drive. They were happy that Frog Hollow hold this event so they have a chance to talk and share feeling among caregivers and glad that someone will listen to them. After the debriefing everyone was happy to learn how to make a terrarium and we all have one to take home. There were three lucky winners won the prize draw.
SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Community Wellness Forum
- 2018 Neighbourhood Small Grants is open!
- RENFREW RHYTHMS Acoustic Open Stage February 2018
- RENFREW RHYTHMS Acoustic Open Stage
- FoodFit 12-Week Program Starting January 29, 2018
- Celebrating National Child’s Day
- Community Walk
- Wheelhouse Seafood & Miscellany Thrift & Vintage Interviews
- Kitchen Table Conversation (KTC) Facilitators Celebration RECAP
- Eva on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Kyra Dawson on Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018
- Share Your Voice on International Women’s Day 2018 | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Our Girl Power Playlist Celebrating International Women’s Day
- nafiseha on Sprouting Beans!
- nafiseha on Apple Chips,Yum!
- nafiseha on DIY-Do it Yourself workshop at Clinton Park
- Eva on Gardening with Love
- nafiseha on Gardening with Love
- Linda Tsang on Museum of Anthropology
- Kyra Dawson on Museum of Anthropology
Join Us on Facebook!