In July Frog Hollow has introduced a program called “Smart Stepper” of which participants were given a community map details the neighbourhood parks, community libraries etc. a Smart Stepper Program Track Book to record your daily activities including workout, food, mood and sleep. Participants found this helpful and many of them still keep track on this record. A Canada’s Food Guide which gives you an idea on your food servings. And a pedometer which was loved by all as it showed the details on your workout such as how many steps you have walked and the calories burnt out. You can also checked the miles you have walked. They found the pedometer a very useful one. From the program they also participated in four evening walks in the neighbourhood and the two big events on community walk. The first one walk to Hastings Park and the other one joined the event held by the Thunderbird Community Centre on an outdoor movie night at Sunrise Park. They like the program very much to have the chance to learn useful informations on health and exercise and it brings us together keeps the community well connected.
SEARCH THIS BLOG
Join Us on Facebook!
- nafiseh amiri on FoodFit Program Week 2 of 12 Recap + A Recipe
- Kyra Dawson on Good Neighbours Awards Banquet 2017
- Kyra Dawson on Community Walk
- Jennie Yuen on Good Neighbours Awards Banquet 2017
- Rasha on FoodFit Program Week 2 of 12 Recap + A Recipe
- Day of Pink | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on 5 Quotes of Compassion Inspired by Remembrance Day
- Day of Pink | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Heart-Mind Well-Being Night at Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House
- Kyra on About our community walk
- The Wonderful Things We Love About Spring | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Peace Starts With Me: Heart-Mind Celebration
- The Wonderful Things We Love About Spring | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Our Lovely Gardens