In July Frog Hollow has introduced a program called “Smart Stepper” of which participants were given a community map details the neighbourhood parks, community libraries etc. a Smart Stepper Program Track Book to record your daily activities including workout, food, mood and sleep. Participants found this helpful and many of them still keep track on this record. A Canada’s Food Guide which gives you an idea on your food servings. And a pedometer which was loved by all as it showed the details on your workout such as how many steps you have walked and the calories burnt out. You can also checked the miles you have walked. They found the pedometer a very useful one. From the program they also participated in four evening walks in the neighbourhood and the two big events on community walk. The first one walk to Hastings Park and the other one joined the event held by the Thunderbird Community Centre on an outdoor movie night at Sunrise Park. They like the program very much to have the chance to learn useful informations on health and exercise and it brings us together keeps the community well connected.
SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Celebrating National Child’s Day
- Community Walk
- Wheelhouse Seafood & Miscellany Thrift & Vintage Interviews
- Kitchen Table Conversation (KTC) Facilitators Celebration RECAP
- Kid Food Nation Recipe Winner from Vancouver
- The 17th Annual Pumpkin Patch
- Community Walk
- Dr. Yu & Dr. Lieblich Interviews
- What I Learned from Engaging Abundant Community
- Free Workshop! Community Connections Pathways to Leadership Program
- nafiseha on Sprouting Beans!
- nafiseha on Apple Chips,Yum!
- nafiseha on DIY-Do it Yourself workshop at Clinton Park
- Eva on Gardening with Love
- nafiseha on Gardening with Love
- Linda Tsang on Museum of Anthropology
- Kyra Dawson on Museum of Anthropology
- Kyra Dawson on Volunteer inspiration
- nafiseh amiri on FoodFit Program Week 2 of 12 Recap + A Recipe
- Kyra Dawson on Good Neighbours Awards Banquet 2017
Join Us on Facebook!