In July Frog Hollow has introduced a program called “Smart Stepper” of which participants were given a community map details the neighbourhood parks, community libraries etc. a Smart Stepper Program Track Book to record your daily activities including workout, food, mood and sleep. Participants found this helpful and many of them still keep track on this record. A Canada’s Food Guide which gives you an idea on your food servings. And a pedometer which was loved by all as it showed the details on your workout such as how many steps you have walked and the calories burnt out. You can also checked the miles you have walked. They found the pedometer a very useful one. From the program they also participated in four evening walks in the neighbourhood and the two big events on community walk. The first one walk to Hastings Park and the other one joined the event held by the Thunderbird Community Centre on an outdoor movie night at Sunrise Park. They like the program very much to have the chance to learn useful informations on health and exercise and it brings us together keeps the community well connected.
SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Today is Pink Shirt Day | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on 5 Quotes of Compassion Inspired by Remembrance Day
- A Very 2020 Happy Valentine’s Day! | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on What Does Happiness Mean To You?
- A Very 2020 Happy Valentine’s Day! | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Vancouver Heart-Mind Index Initiative Celebration
- Seeking Community Support for Our 2019 Holiday Hamper Program | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Support For Our Holiday Hamper Program
- Lee Turner on Digital Storytelling: “I Love Singing” by May