Submitted on 2011/07/07 at 7:54 pm
While chatting with some seniors at the park we were discussing homemade soups. One senior commented she did not like the taste of canned or frozen soups. She liked to make fresh soups.
Her tips for fast easy soups.
Precook different beans.
When they are cool put them into plastic bags and freeze them.
When you want to make a soup take some out, chop up some onion, garlic, carrot, potato and whatever other vegetables you like and cook them all up add your spices and throw in some of the precooked beans.
A quick healthy fresh and easy soup.
SEARCH THIS BLOG
- Today is Pink Shirt Day | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on 5 Quotes of Compassion Inspired by Remembrance Day
- A Very 2020 Happy Valentine’s Day! | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on What Does Happiness Mean To You?
- A Very 2020 Happy Valentine’s Day! | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Vancouver Heart-Mind Index Initiative Celebration
- Seeking Community Support for Our 2019 Holiday Hamper Program | Frog Hollow Community Connections Blog on Support For Our Holiday Hamper Program
- Lee Turner on Digital Storytelling: “I Love Singing” by May